Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Print Room - Shop Opening!

On Saturday I popped back to Yorkshire for the launch party of my best friend's new shop. It actually only feels like yesterday that we were sat in our A level art class together, tormenting our teacher and treating it like our own personal coffee morning, when really that was five years ago! And who could forget the tradition of Pot Noodle Tuesday, which essentially meant that we bought a Pot Noodle after double art every Tuesday. I'd like to think that our tastes have become a little more refined over the years...

Now, with a first class degree in Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design under her belt, my friend Kate Mills has opened a rather wonderful art gallery stroke gift shop in Keighley, West Yorkshire called The Print Room. I'm sure the pictures can do the talking, but her work is just lovely and she has chosen some great pieces from other local artists to sell in The Print Room.







I just love the font that she has chosen for the shop and how this is carried all the way through, even to the little stickers. You've got to love a bit of consistent branding! The layout is clean and fresh, leaving room for each piece to tell its own story. Less is more.

Me and Kate have very similar tastes, so obviously I love the cute gifts and stationery she has chosen to sell in her shop from Bread & Jam. The cute notebooks and pencil cases almost makes me wish I was heading back to school again, and I adore the cute little phrases on these mugs!



I also loved some of the ceramics on display. Basically, I love this shop and would like everyone to go visit it and buy lots of lovely arty things so that my friend can make lots of money doing the thing she loves. Thank you.

There's nothing better than owning a little piece of unique artwork. I can't wait to go back and buy a really big framed print for my flat. As a lot of our walls are quite plain, a lovely piece of art will just finish the room off and remind me of my ever so lovely arty friend.


And whilst I save up for my big print, I sneakily picked up this little print. HOW lovely is it. Just look at all those colours and textures, and ooooh shiny! My own little original Kate Mills.



If you're ever in West Yorkshire do take a trip to this lovely little shop down the Royal Arcade in Keighley

The Print Room Opening Times
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - 10am - 4pm
Wednesday - 10am - 5pm
Thursday - 10am - 5pm
Friday - 10am - 5pm
Saturday - 10am - 5pm
Sunday - CLOSED


11 comments

  1. Lovely article and a lovely shop.
    I, like you, will be getting myself a bigger print for my wall as soon as I am able.
    Everyone would be daft to not go and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris :) Yes, you really need to get the kanji one!

      Delete
  2. I agree - what lovely signage! I wish your friend all the best with her lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! You should pop down if you're ever in the area :)

      Delete

  3. If this would near me I'd be there within a minute! (Well maybe not right now as its 8:20, but you get my point I'm sure) Look at those mugs! I'm a sucker for a cute mug...

    Now following,

    Lovely blog, if you fancy popping by to say hello I'm over at

    http://mrschrissyanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay, it's such a fab shop. Definitely worth the trip ;)

      Aww thanks, I'll check out your blog :)

      Delete
  4. We NEED those mugs Emma!!! Can you buy online?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate doesn't have an online shop but you can get the mugs online :) I might pick up a cheeky prezzie the next time I go home.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely shop! Would never expect to see something like that in Keighley. Congrats & good luck to your friend on her new venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, what are you saying about Keighley? ;) No I agree. Thank you :) xx

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© The Stones Inside My Shoes | A UK Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.