Saturday 4 October 2014

Rainy City

I hate the blogger cliche - 'sorry I haven't updated in a while', but yeah, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I thought it was about time I bumped off that sports bra review from the front page of my blog.

So here's what I've been up to lately.

Skating. All the skating. Or writing about skating. Or talking about skating. 

I can't believe it's been over two years since I went to my first roller derby training session and wrote that blog post about it. Since then I've moved up to being a crossover skater on the A and B teams at Rainy City and I'm the Head of PR for the league. Which means I spend even more time on social media or writing updates for the blog rather than this one.




Photo by D.Crompton





While it takes up a lot of my spare time and I may not have done a load of washing for about a week and my flat is a mess, it also makes me super happy to see the ace bunch of people at Rainy City three of four times a week. Being the Head of the PR committee has also brought me some crazy opportunities too, such as speaking with journalists, being interviewed and appearing on radio shows(!). And I hate talking on the phone, ha! Roller derby pushes you in more ways than just physical fitness.

So, that's what I've been doing these past few months/year. I might try and write some more frequent updates, but I'll probably be doing some roller derby stuff...


Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© The Stones Inside My Shoes | A UK Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.