Thursday 27 May 2010

Robin Robertson and Carol Ann Duffy

I went to a poetry reading last Thursday at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester and after the show I managed to meet Carol Ann Duffy and she signed my book. Yay!


I may have got a little bit star-struck when I met her as all I said was 'hi'. Oh well, I had no idea what to say! She read mostly from The World's Wife which I studied at A-level (where my love-affair with her poetry began) and some from her forthcoming collection 'The Bees'.

Poetry is meant to be heard not read, so it was lovely hearing her read her own poems, especially the sharp witted ones from The World's Wife like Mrs Darwin.

Who's your favourite poet?
xx

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© The Stones Inside My Shoes | A UK Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.